Sunday 13 June 2010

Digitalis - foxgloves

These were amongst the first seeds I ever bought, and I huge disappointment at the time, because I didn't realise they didn't flower until the year after you sow them! Oddly, though, quite a few didn't flower the second year either, and so these are the flowers that sat all through two winters before flowering, bless them. I don't remember what sort they were so I can't be more specific. Behind and amongst them is the honesty, that flowered before I started the blog, but which I'll photograph later as the seed pods dry out more. Amazing how a terrible view - across the road are two houses that favour rusting vehicles and building materials to landscape, while behind me is my own rusting vehicle and my ancient garage  - can look great if you kneel down enough, and point the lens in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment